Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What makes this service different?

December was a very busy month for us.
  • Living Nativity at church December 4,5,11 and 12
  • Abi's Christmas concert at school
  • Adult Choir program December 20 am
  • Children's and youth program December 20 pm
  • Company Party December 18
  • Trip to see family for New Year's
  • Dr.'s Appointment December 28

I am so thankful for everyone's prayers and encouragement. It is different being pregnant this time. Not just because in the end I do not get the baby, but people's perceptions of what it is that I am doing. I talked to David about it on one of our many road trips.

Why is it that people see this act of service as so much more than all the others I do?

  • Adult Choir
  • Praise Team
  • High School Girls' small group leader
  • Serving youth Sunday evenings
  • VBS Bible teacher
  • VBS song leader

In this act of service God is THE ONE doing all the work. He is growing the baby, He is keeping us safe. I have been doing the praise team for three years almost every Sunday, adult choir for three years. I have been doing the High School small group for two years. I have worked VBS for three summers. Why don't people see those acts of service as important? I put more work and time into those than this pregnancy.

There is nothing I can do to make this pregnancy any easier or faster. Only God can make a difference in it.

Please do not get me wrong. I LOVE the attention! It is just kind of embarrassing some of the reactions I get. This act of service is not about what I am doing, but what God is doing through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment