Monday, November 15, 2010

Intercession

Is there someone in your life that has not met The Savior? 

Friday night our family went to an "O2" service at 12 Stone church, http://www.12stone.com/.  This service was about approaching God either to confess or to intercede.  I went to the intercession room. 

I have struggled with the state of my dad's relationship with God.  He has told me, on more than one occasion, that he is going to hell and he is ok with that.  I am not ok with that.  I spend time praying, I have written him letters trying to explain the importance.  I have always tried to live my life as an example, he has never been able to understand that not all Christians are the same.  Me, as his daughter, he couldn't believe in.  He always believed I had ulterior motives.  Dad and his wife Vera's house burnt down several years ago (pre Me).  They went to the church in town and were turned away.  They went to church in the only clothes they had and were ridiculed. 

I begged, I wept, I thought ... "what if I could give him my salvation?"  I can't give him my salvation.  It is mine, but not mine to give.  I love my dad.  God loves him more, He does offer him salvation.  It is up to my dad to take it from the Father. 


Hebrews 7:25 NAS



Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
 
in·ter·ces·sion 
[in-ter-sesh-uhn] Show IPA
–noun


1. an act or instance of interceding.


2. an interposing or pleading on behalf of another person.


3. a prayer to god on behalf of another.


4. Roman History . the interposing of a veto, as by a tribune
 
Christian intercession might be defined as love on its knees in prayer for others . It is pleading to Father God on behalf of the needs of someone else. Another way of looking at intercession is that you are standing in the gap for someone else. That is, you are identifying with the sins of those you are in prayer for, asking God's forgiveness and mercy on their behalf.
Intercession can be one of the most exciting, inspiring, creative and rewarding experiences in your Christian life. In your prayer closet, you can pray around the world. Although intercessors are not often publicly rewarded or recognized for their service, they are a vital part of any growing church or ministry. Their faithful dedication to intercession creates a foundation that allows the Lord to work in mighty ways.
http://psalm121.ca/interce2.html

2 comments:

  1. I will pray for your Dad. It`s hard when family or friends don`t know God. I know that feeling all too well!
    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete