Thursday, September 20, 2012

Surrogacy can get in the way sometimes...


Surrogacy costs my family other "things" than money.  

Today my sister and brother are moving my mom into a nursing home.  I can't go home to help.  My mom lives in Iowa.  It is a 15 hour drive straight through.  I am currently 7 weeks pregnant.  There is no way I can ride in a car for 15 hours straight.  I am not allowed to travel without "written permission" from the IVF Dr.  

I just found out last Friday evening.  I thought the date was would be a little farther in the future so I could get everything on my end together so I could help, I mean I just found out the week before that they were seriously talking to the social worker about it.  I had arranged to take 11 days off over Christmas because that is the time-frame mom had been talking. 6 days notice is not enough.  I've needed to travel for work and I had to get permission weeks in advance. Unfortunately, I got back from a work trip late the night before I was told they were moving my mom and I need to leave again Tuesday.  

This stinks.  I want to be there for my mom, sister and brother.  I don't want to be seen as the child who doesn't care.  I love my mom.  Please pray for my family as they get everything together.  Pray for my mom as she surrenders her "freedom".  Pray that I am able to be of some help from here and when I do get to go home.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Be with my family. Please guard, guide and direct our ways as we move into this new phase of my mom's life.   Please help me to be there for them even though I am so far away.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment