Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I Passed!!!! Now on to more testing.

Well I got a call from the nurse in charge of my case at Vanderbilt to tell me I have passed every requirement so far.  I still need to take the urine test again but all the other tests from the 19 of July came back good to great.  Here are a few of the "results".

  • My BMI is 10 under highest allowed.
  • My glucose was good
  • Chest x-ray OK
  • EKG normal
  • BP good
  • CT scan good
    • two artery on left kidney
    • one on right kidney
    • right has some complexity
    • left okay'd by recipient's surgeon
    • no sign of tumors anywhere
  • Blood labs all good
    • good cholesterol high
    • bad cholesterol low
      • combined high but only because of good cholesterol
    • good immunity for some diseases
    • negatives on all other disease
    • not pregnant
    • no tumor markers
    • Hemo A1C excellent
      • no diabetes in future ?
    • tested negative for every recreational drug
  • Dietitian approved me
  • Psychologist approved me
  • Donor advocate approved me
  • Physician approved me
If I pass the retest on my urine it is on to a colonoscopy. Then on to the board for a vote.

I find it so hard to believe I am so blessed to have this opportunity. I have called and told the recipient's wife about the results coming back, they are so thankful.  It is strange to be thanked for something I haven't done yet.  



No comments:

Post a Comment