Monday, August 31, 2009

Did HE dial the right number?

There have been many times I ask God if He had dialed the right number. Does he really want me to go up and ask that woman if I can tie her shoe for her? Do I go help that older couple load their bags in the trunk? Do I help that woman push her groceries to the car? Did that woman just ask me what is it that makes me different?

There are times I just do not want to do what God is calling me to do. Even to the point of hanging up. I am the only one that suffers when I don't listen. I go back and ask "please won't you give me another chance?" The one that sticks out in my mind the most was the question, the one that required no physical effort and only a one word answer, "God". I failed. I was uncertain how to answer. Shouldn't we always answer honestly? Isn't that the easiest thing to do?

Even in God's disappointment with my behavior He gives me another chance. How can I be so deserving of His belief in me when I did not believe He would protect me in my honesty?

I pray for a life of service. God has more than enough jobs. Matthew 9:37 The harvest is great, but the workers are few. All we need to do as His people is to listen for the "call" and then work.

No comments:

Post a Comment