Thursday, August 27, 2009

God's Love and answered prayers

God is amazing at His ability to answer prayer, even to the minutest detail.

As a child I wanted a family and to sing for God. In middle school I learned that women outlive men on average by 7 years, so my prayers became more specific. I also knew I needed/wanted two children two years apart in age. Again even more specific. There was mention of hair color, but I think he was listening to my mom's prayers in that detail.

Of course I did not do the math or realize that the age difference would mean waiting on my part. Example: me 18 him 11, I am sure you get the idea. Because of my mathematical skills or lack of them. I became doubtful and impatient, so I took matters in to my own hands. That is another Blog. The detour that I took was a lesson in God's LOVE and Mercy. He stayed with me and kept me safe, He welcomed me back with open arms and forgave me, and even as undeserving as I was, He still gave me the desires of my heart that I had prayed for so many years before. He introduced me to the man of my prayers and blessed me with the two most perfect children. I am blessed and honored by His love and faithfulness daily. He evens allows me to help lead worship in His house some Sundays.

I also prayed for a life of service. I wanted a life where I could touch people and love them and in some cases, LOVE them. I have been allowed to do that for many years. This year He called me with the Best job yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment