Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Thank you Father.

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart:
I will recount of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in You:
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Psalm 9:1-2

Thanksgiving! This holiday/vacation was filled with so many reasons to be thankful and rejoice in our Creator and His love for us.

  • Family time
  • Seeing my parents So happy
  • Seeing David's parents So happy
  • Connor getting Baptised
  • Good Food
  • Only getting sick once
  • The love and support of my sisters of me in this journey
  • ...

While there I was given was encouragement about this journey. An extended family member surprised me with her reaction in finding out that David and I are acting surrogates. This wonderful and loving mother of two boys, God given/adopted, told me that what we are doing is a good thing (not her words). I did not know why it was that they chose adoption. I found out it was because of not being able to carry to full-term, she had suffered three loses. To hear her heart in talking about this journey, I found it to be God telling me this is what he wants me to be doing.

God is always speaking! Just listen. He is always there, in everything we do. He is even with us in the things we would rather He not know about. HE IS THERE!

"IF you hold on to ME for dear life," says God, "I will get you out of any trouble. I'll give the best of care if you'll only get to know ME and trust ME. Call ME and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment