Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Direction

Well...

It has been a long time and lots has happened and nothing has happened.

Our family did some traveling for Christmas, December 23-27. We went to a retreat center with the extended Swangel side in KY. There was food, videos, cards, crafts, Wii, singing, presents, sledding (thanks to my husband), a trip to see Narnia, and a BAPTISM. There were 20 of us there, we rented three cabins and the lodge and had a great time.

MCCC Christmas programs were fabulous. The adult choir sang Sunday night December 12 and the children had their program December 19, in the evening.

There was also a wedding, a ladies brunch, a Christmas parade, our son's second musical production of the year, and David's mother came for a weekend.

The surrogacy journey is standing still at the moment. I am working with an agency, and have now got all but one piece of paper turned in. I still really want to do this. I fear though as I continue to get older everyday my chances are reduced. I am praying for God's direction.

So as I wait for the answer I have decided to get in shape, spiritualy and physically. David and I have started a 30 day program with Wii active four days ago, and I have started two different reading programs and studies in my Bible with the "YOU version" Bible app. So this will become my accountability. This is my challenge, that as I get to know God better through His word and study as I work on His "temple" this body physically also. I hope to drop 13lbs by my birthday, if the weight loss doesn't happen I hope to at least "Jiggle" less.

I pray that as I work on my relationship with God the relationships that I have with His children improve. I pray that as I work on His "temple" this body physically that I learn to love it as much as HE did and does as its Creator.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of GREAT things in store for you..it`s easy to see! Great post!
    :)

    ReplyDelete