Friday, March 11, 2011

Reassurance

God is so GOOD! 

I have been searching myself, my purpose, my direction, my motives...  We have been looking for a new church family after much prayer.  My biggest loss was; where will I serve if we go somewhere new? Will they need me?  Will I have a place?   I leave behind a high school girls' Bible study, a quarterly worship service and VBS song leader/Bible area teacher positions.  The couple I helped attend this previous church.  Will the next church family understand my surrogacy service? 

We have been attending services and going to a few classes to "find out" about this new church family, doctrine, areas to serve and areas to be served  .  In one of the classes I asked, "what so you think about surrogacy?" Their faces lit up.  One of the staff members daughter had completed a journey and they are so supportive.  They asked me if I was ready to serve and where I was interested in "plugging" in.  They felt my hurt over leaving service behind and were ready to support me in getting me serving again.  They are so excited about my wanting to do another journey.  God is GOOD. 

The doctrine is let's go to the Bible and see what God says, let's pray.  God is GOOD.

Today we got our tax refund, and went to pay off a planned trip to Disney, we noticed that a payment we believed we had made, that didn't show up last time we checked, was in fact there so we owed less than we thought.  God is GOOD.

I have reached out to another local family in hopes of starting a friendship with someone on a surrogacy journey and maybe be the one to be honored with babysitting their most precious embryo/baby (ies).  I heard back from this family today.  We are still in the very begginings of "talks", but it is so encouraging that God has a place for me.  Why doubt my purpose when I know that God has my purpose under His control?

Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Praise God for His marvelous plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment