Thursday, June 14, 2012

Negotiations have begun

Well.  I met with our lawyer yesterday afternoon.  It is hard working the contract.  Mostly because there are people, their money, their baby and my life involved.  I had given our lawyer some information to look over while reading the contract initially, regarding comps and fees.  I gave her a number that I was comfortable with...  She countered me after doing her research and gave me a number.  I told her to go lower.  I was very uncomfortable.  There is need for the comp.  My family will benefit.  This contract is very controlling of my life and lifestyle, more so than the other two, put together, I have had.  I do have a son starting college in the fall.  He was unable to secure any grants or scholarships. We lowered some fees, left some the same, changed my "lost wages" (still asking lower than my current salary).  We needed to be able to travel to Valdosta to visit our son at college, but not asking for travel out of state other than visiting my parents aged 83 and 92 for Christmas, and only if the OB approves my travel.  I requested permission to BLOG, of course with no mention of anyone's name and only about me and our experience.  Blah, Blah Blah.  I mean who reads this stuff anyway?
Well,  the counter has been made.  Please PRAY.  I am so thankful that there are lawyers in between us.  I am so thankful that our lawyer is an amazing woman of God.  I am so thankful!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Your will not my own.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment