Friday, September 18, 2009

Contract WOES!

I do not know where to start, what to say.

This contract part of the surrogacy is not going as I hoped. In reading it there are a lot of things that need to be fixed. I am certain some of it has to do with me assuming that since I am doing this as a "gift" and not a "job" that the intended parents would be as generous and concerned about my well-being as I am about theirs. I am understanding more each day why people go through an agency or do this for family members only. I thought that since "payment" was not involved that this would be easier. I was wrong!

I have tried to help cut costs for the intended parents anywhere I can. I had the blood test done by my Dr instead of the IVF clinic saving them more than $2000.00, I agreed to not have my own lawyer (thinking that theirs would be for both parties) since they would have been responsible to pay for mine independently, this made the contract solely in their favor. I am learning a lot! I cannot seem to get the intended father to understand that I cannot go without pay if I am ordered to "bed rest", and will need to have lost wages guaranteed, that Life Insurance is for more than paying for a funeral.

I know that God will take care of it all. I have a problem with my humanness wanting it to go differently, now. It feels as though my value in their eyes is less than, instead of equal. I have been on the first medicine for almost a week now, the intended mother assured the clinic that a contract wold be in place before I started. I believed that this lawyer was representing both sides, so it would be "FAIR", "EQUAL", so this would be done faster. The contract was late, now there are "issues" with it, and here I am on a drug possibly for no reason. I am praying.

Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment