Thursday, September 10, 2009

I learned to say "no"

At the appointment with the psychologist, she made a point of telling me I need to learn to ask for what I need and say "no". She told all four of us at the appointment that we need to remember that is my body and their baby. We need to go back and forth between those two thoughts to keep a healthy balance.

My first opportunity to say no came when we were talking about my sonohystogram. The intended mother wanted to come with me and I am still working on being ready to have people see me naked. At that date it is still just my body, no baby.

That was hard. I just don't want to loose myself in this pregnancy. I know I have made this offer, but where should I draw the line? I still need to be allowed to live my life as myself also. I do not want to be pushed aside and forgotten for the sake of the baby.

Praise God for the friends He has placed in my life. I know I have support when needed and a friend to tell me what I need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment