Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Read the Contract


It is very important that you are aware of what you are asking of the other party and what you are agreeing to do.  This has been an issue of much concern and heartache.  I have been “lightly accused” of wanting my own way, “Heidi wants her own Dr and not yours as she wants someone to look out for her interests”.  I was told that the IP’s had “really gone along with everything so far”.  “Can’t you agree to …” The items I was being asked to agree to were already in the contract, the IP’s just hadn’t read the contract. 

I mentioned some of the items/requests/restrictions to the IM and she responded we are not asking that of you, that is attorney “C” putting those in the contract, which is just “fluff”. *We aren’t restricting your travel. “Hairspray?” “I haven’t read the contract as deeply as I should.”  If you are agreeing to and submitting a contract that contains specific items in a legal and BINDING contract then you are INFACT asking and/or agreeing to the items, not your attorney.

The frustrating part was, I asked for was a Dr that knows my health history, he is number one in the area, and a hospital half as far from work and home, but has the same level of NICU care. But,… I also said I agreed to their Dr of choice (a friend) as needed and I even agreed to go to their hospital of choice but wanted their RE to pick the OB/GYN, neither my Dr nor their friend has privileges to deliver there. *I did ask to be able to travel to see my son at school 3.5 hours, 200ish miles, away (they did not want me to travel more than 150 miles) and to visit my parents for Christmas because their health restricts their travel.  I also asked to be able to Blog my journey with no mention of the IP's identity, just about my experience, nothing of their experience.

Restrictions/concessions are in the contract but the IP’s hadn’t read it yet???  I had agreed to their Dr or hospital, they could not have both because of Dr/hospital privileges, not me. Had their Attorney not told them? Was she telling them I was just being difficult, had they not asked their friend if he had privileges at their hospital of choice?

Read the contract.  Know it.  You are signing it, you are agreeing to it.  I know and agree to the “crazy restrictions”.  Do you??

Dear Heavenly Father,
I am so thankful that You love me, more than I can comprehend. That You believe in me more than I believe in myself.  That You have done everything for me even though I only deserve it because of what You have done for me, not because of anything I myself have done. Please guard, guide and direct me.  Your will not mine Father.  Please bless this journey. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment