Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Daughters of the KING

We are starting a new Bible study in High School Girl's small group.

These girls I get to spend time with once or twice a week mean so much to me. All I want for them to know is that they mean so much more to God. That He gave His Son to die so that they can be called His daughters. I know that they are faced with so many challenges today and tomorrow and have fought many battles yesterday and before. I hope to help them understand that they are worth God's sacrifice. I want them to understand that being a daughter of the King though does require dedication on their part. We must, they must, represent Him.

I hope that as we go through the two books/studies I have found that we together find out what it means to be a daughter of the King, one destined to live in His kingdom. How should we act, speak, dress, care for others, ... We owe Him everything, yet He asks for nothing but us, our lives. He gives us everything and more, and we deserve none of it.

I will let you know how the study goes.

But today, I desire you to know that you are sons and daughters of the King, THE KING! Not by what you have done but by what He has.

That you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.
Philippians 2:15 ESV
Who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor the will of man, but of God.
John 1:13 ESV
But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God,
John 1:12 ESV
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. Galatians 4:4-5 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment