Tuesday, October 12, 2010

One Year Ago Today

I do not know how I feel today. I think it is sad. It could be anxious. Maybe lost.

One year ago today we had our Frozen Embryo Transfer. I loved being pregnant. I loved the excitement of wondering where God was going to take this journey.

Yesterday a sweet woman asked me if I would consider being a TS for her. I wish I could. I know I can't. A TS uses her egg, carries it for months and then gives it up for adoption to other parents. I am a very selfish person. I cannot imagine giving a child that God had given to me away. I know she is hurting, has empty arms, I want to help. I asked her to not give up on me, that I want to be here for her, that I will be praying. I also asked her to look at snowflake babies.
http://www.nightlight.org/adoption-services/snowflakes-embryo/
I have not heard back from her. My heart hurts, I am worried that maybe I have been the cause of "another" hurt. All I want to be is help and support.

October is "Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month". The Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness week is this week. The official day to recognize babies is October 15th. On the day everyone all over the world is asked to light a candle at 7pm to remember all the babies lost in pregnancy and infancy.

Please pray for those that are hurting and those on journeys to help fill empty arms. This is not easy for anyone involved. We all need prayers and support.

On a side note: Breast cancer awareness... Get your squished. I am getting mine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment