Thursday, October 7, 2010

Which Crown is yours?

I found this study yesterday in my preparation for giving out the tiaras to the group last night.

Five Crowns in the Bible for Believers www.g-m-a-g.com/messgae5.htm

1. The incorruptible crown: 1 Cor. 9:24,25
This crown is given to believers who faithfully run the race, who crucify every selfish desire in the flesh and point men to Jesus.

2. The crown of rejoicing: 1 Thess. 2:19, 20 & Dan. 12:3
To those who faithfully are witnesses to saving grace of God and leads souls to Jesus.

3. The crown of life: James 1:12
This crown is for believers who endure trials, tribulations and severe suffering, even to death Rev. 2:8-11.

4. The crown of righteousness: 2 Tim. 4:8
This crown is given to those who have lived a good and righteous life for God while living down here on earth.

5. The crown of glory: 1 Pet. 5:1-4
This is the pastor's crown who faithfully feed the flock of God.

I do not know what crown I will wear. I hope that I as the elders mentioned in Rev.: 4:10,11 that I "cast it before the throne, saying: You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: For You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."

No comments:

Post a Comment