Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Denied

Being a woman the only appointment I dread more than a yearly pap is a mammogram. AAHHH! It took me forever to get myself mentally prepared. It is humiliating having someone touch certain body parts and allow them to squish said body part between two very hard pressure driven pieces of plastic. One year I could not breath for two days following this type of appointment.

I was resolved. It has been two years since my last mammogram. Last year I was pregnant or getting pregnant so I had other screenings to go through. I made the call, asked the questions, gave the facts, (I just had a baby in July, I pumped until August, is it too soon???). I was given the "go-head" given an appointment. Then, today when I got there I was told I need to wait six months after stopping pumping. AAAHHH!! Now I have to go though the process all over again.

The most frustrating part being is that there is a procedure that I want to get done and without a mammogram I can't get my insurance to approve it. I wanted to have it done soon so that it would go under this year's detectible. My deductible is paid in full with the cost of the baby. I did not get paid to do the surrogacy so this is the only way I can afford it is to have my deductible already paid. Oh well...

I know that God designed me. I know that He finds me perfect and beautiful. I know that I am His.

No comments:

Post a Comment